River Rescue Certification Instructor (RRCI)
The River Rescue Certification Instructor pathway is designed for instructors who have an extensive background in the recreational whitewater industry who wish to teach students in that field.
- Current Instructor Water (InsW), Instructor Water & Rope (InsWR), or Instructor Water & Rope – Instructor Trainer (InsWR-IT)
- Class 4-5 river skills with more than 3 years documented experience and at least 30 varied, quality advanced river days in either raft, kayak or river board. Class 5 river experience is preferred, but class 4 experience will be acceptable to fulfill this requirement.
- Must have worked as a professional river guide or safety kayaker for a minimum of 2 years on a river considered to be class IV. This must be a minimum of 50 river days and must include multi-day wilderness trips.
- The ability to perform in class 3-4 rapids in at least two whitewater crafts; i.e. raft, kayak, river board or canoe. This will include choosing safe lines, catching eddies, ferrying skills, and self rescue skills.
- ICS 100 and 200
- WFR, EMT, WMET or Paramedic
- Attend RRC
Instructor training & assessment
Co-Instruct a minimum of 2 times
Qualification valid for
Able to teach